in

Raoni Barcelos Calls Out Rob Font After Beating Former Champ at UFC Atlanta

Raoni Barcelos is aiming for the bantamweight rankings after his win over Cody Garbrandt

Advertisement

Barcelos took on Garbrandt at UFC Atlanta on Saturday. While Garbrandt led the dance in the first round, Barcelos rallied back to control the former champ and earn a hard-fought unanimous decision. Barcelos considers it the biggest win of his career so far and admits to being surprised by Garbrandt’s wrestling defense.

“I think it was definitely the biggest win in my career,” Barcelos said in a post-fight media scrum. “It was a great fight. Cody was in great form, and we put on a great fight… I knew he was gonna be tough. What surprised me is how strong his wrestling was even though he comes from a wrestling base. I think it made for a fun and dynamic fight.”

Barcelos is looking ahead to another significant pairing in the division before the conclusion of 2025.

“I want Rob Font by the end of the year,” he said. “I want to be in the rankings by the end of the year to basically get in the new year on a high note.”

Barcelos is seemingly getting better with age. The 38-year-old is in the midst of a three-fight winning streak, which includes an upset over the previously undefeated Payton Talbott this past January. Meanwhile, Font is coming off victories over Phillips and a previously undefeated Jean Matsumoto

This article first appeared at Recent News on Sherdog.com


Help support MMACrazies.com when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at MMACrazies.com/recommends/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.

What do you think?

Paddy Pimblett: Title Shot Could Be Imminent if Ilia Topuria Wins at UFC 317

Morning Report | Umar Nurmagomedov says Islam Makhachev ‘still wants to fight at 155, too’