Tom Aspinall sees quite the difference between him and the challenger. | 📷: UFC/Getty
Tom Aspinall says no amount of money can make him go shoot for a movie while he is still actively fighting.
Aspinall (15-3) will look to defend his heavyweight title against Ciryl Gane (13-2) in the UFC 321 main event on Oct. 25 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Aspinall had wanted to defend his interim title against Gane at UFC 304 in London last year. However, Aspinall accused “Bon Gamin” of ducking him to film the French Netflix movie, “KO.” Aspinall claims that, unlike Gane, even $50 million wouldn’t suffice for him to abandon his craft and shoot a movie.
“I wouldn’t do a Netflix documentary for $50 million while I’m still active and fighting,” Aspinall told RMC Sport Combat. “No chance. You couldn’t pay me enough money to do it. 100% committed to my craft, a 100%.”
Aspinall defended his interim title against Curtis Blaydes at UFC 304 in July 2024 and hasn’t fought since. “Honey Badger” kept rallying for a title unifier against former champ Jon Jones, who eventually vacated the belt earlier this year.
Meanwhile, Gane suffered a lopsided submission loss in a fight for the vacant title against Jones in 2023. The Frenchman has since rebounded with wins over Serghei Spivac and Alexander Volkov.
This article first appeared at Recent News on Sherdog.com
Help support MMACrazies.com when you shop Amazon by starting your online Amazon shopping at MMACrazies.com/recommends/amazon. You are not charged extra, but we receive a small and very helpful commission on everything you purchase. Thanks for thinking of us every time you shop at Amazon.

